BJD March Update
Hello friends and family,
I hope all has been well through your cold winter season.
I am super excited to update you on BJD. This past month a very good friend of mine named Sun has moved into the house. Sun started coming to our English classes in the beginning of February and has become good friends with many of the students here. I am super excited for the continued relationship and to watch her grow in learning about Christ. Praise God!!!!
I am also excited that our English student Toi has started coming to bible studies. Toi is 19 years old and has been struggling with his sexual identity for most of his life, but because in Thailand it is acceptable to not declare your sexual identity he has not chosen which sex he identifies with. While this is a praise that he has not closed his heart off to accepting the man God has made him to be, it is a very confusing place, but we praise God that he has been asking many questions and desires to know the word of God.
The last two weeks of April we will have our first ever Thai led outreach. Woohoo!! We are planning on traveling to different Kaorin Villages in northern Thailand. Working to create sports programs for boys, growing crops, and different building projects. God has provided the funds through various sponsors up until the last two days of the trip. In the two days we are hoping to go and visit a Kaorin tribe known as the Scaro Tribe many of the students in the BJD house are from this tribe and it is our heart to bless the families there. This is a very special trip for us because for the first time it is being led by Thai students. as staff in Thailand it is part of our goal to see the hearts of the Thai people rise up for there own communities and take over the ministries started, and to start building ministries themselves. Leading outreaches is a huge turn over in the BJD house and we are so blessed to be seeing these students rise up and take the lead. We have ten students going on this trip and the extra two days will cost about 10,000 BHT which is about $400 US. I am also seeking help to cover my own costs on this trip which is 3,500BHT about $110 US.
- Sun and Toi, clear understanding of Christianity and protection as they search for him, ultimately that they will choose him.
- Outreach- for our leader’s wisdom, strength and protection. Good communication between leaders, staff, students and tribe leaders. Wisdom for conversations and communication between our team and tribes.
- Reminder- my contact in Laos and his family. Children grow up safe knowing the word. Family will give there hearts to the lord.
- Finances- receiving the rest of our support for out reach. And Personal budget still short a couple hundred a month.
- Personal- my grandpopa past away this month, I am happy to say he is with our father, but it has been hard to be with out my family. so strength, wisdom, focus, and peace of mind,
Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I am blessed to live another month in Thailand and excited for what is coming next.
With one heart
If you’re giving towards outreach please right as a note with paypal or on a separate paper if you are sending check. For BJD Outreach
Give through PayPal – Mishymish77@yahoo.com
* Go to your paypal account
* Click on SEND MONEY next to HOME at the top of the page.
* Enter e-mail Mishymish77@yahoo.com and enter the amount you would like to give.
* Underneath the amount you entered click personal, then gift, and send.
Give by check
*Make checks Payable to: Michelle Carter
* Address: YWAM/Michelle Carter
C/O Leonard and Janet Carter
1076 Glenwood Way
South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150